• I have been a professional photojournalist since 1996, telling stories through photos and words. What's your photo story?

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bigger is better!

Recently a client ordered two 16x20 enlargements and an 11x14 from her daughter's photo session with me. I have always believed that small photos don't do justice to professional images. Bigger is better when it comes to wall art.

After bringing the enlargements home, she wrote me: The big photos are very impressive... People probably spend more on a dinner out than they do on pictures. The dinner is gone immediately and the pictures will last for decades. It was great showing them to people all weekend. [My brother's] kids had great reactions, too. Their jaws dropped open when they saw the "flying baby" and then they burst into great big smiles.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Here are the photos - the "small" one is the 11x14.